Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm here

So I arrived in Daytona yesterday. My travels were quite smooth. This morning I sat out on the deck of my room and watched some dolphins play. Later I took a 3 mile walk down to the board walk. There I picked up lots of applications which I will be turning in tomorrow. Transportation for me is a little hairy. I can't decide if I want to buy a bus pass or get a bike from a pawn shop and pawn it back when I leave. Who knows...anyway, it's a lot of fun here. My family is great. We all had lunch together today which was memorable. There's a guy from Russia in my group and he's hilarious. On the walk back from the getting applications a storm hit. Literally...lighting struck a few yards away from us so we decided to take the bus back instead. Totally crazy. Throughout my entire adventure today I was able to strike up conversations with strangers which was great. One guy ended up talking to us, well mostly Katie, for almost a half and hour. He told us all about how he worked at the 7 eleven and has been robbed several times. He was interesting. That's about all I have for now...kind of sporadic.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I am glad that you made it safe! It is fun that I have been there and can emagine what your walk looked like. Hearing you talk abou it makes me want to go back. I hope that you have a great summer and know that you are missed.

    ReplyDelete