Thursday, November 12, 2009

Been Awhile

Wow...so it's been awhile since I've written on here. Well let's see...I'm obviously home from Florida which changed my life. I felt like silly putty being stretched and formed in ways that I've never experience before. It really was amazing. Since I've been home I have found an awesome place to live with a great roommate. I'm leading the Jr. High girls by myself this year. Little scary at times, but they definitely keep things interesting. We've been studying discipleship which is also what I learned a lot about this summer. Speaking of what I'm learning about...Chris had a verse in one of his messages a couple weeks ago that I have been mulling over for awhile.
Isaiah 29:13

The Lord says:
"These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is made up only of rules taught by men.

This is such a heart check type verse for me. Ya know? Like where really is my heart when I'm singing during worship on Sundays? How much of my relationship is controlled with legalism? How often do I say one thing and do another? The list of questions goes on and on...read it for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment